Sunday, March 30, 2008

Futbol Sunday

So I'd missed Mexico's last two(?) games, leaving me to get my soccer fix another way. It was a cold Sunday, there was nowhere to sit but I had a good time. This calls for an action shot!


This is how far I got on my dad's tabi...before I accepted that I'd done it all wrong. They were an intended birthday present but in my rush I ended up with P2K3 ribbing. There was a slipped stitch in there somewhere according to the pattern but I forgot all about it. I didn't notice the stitch mistake until about 4 inches into the leg so I thought I'd just keep going.

Then I had issues with the heel. Understandably the pattern didn't have the heel reinforced with slipped-stitch ribbing because who wears toe socks with shoes? Thus, I went ahead with the plain stockinette heel...and yup I hated it too. Here's as far as I got (in the library) before I frogged it and started it over.


Yup, I was knitting this in the library. I frogged it and started over after taking this, with a few changes. I switched up to US 3 because I was afraid they'd be too tight around the calf opening. I added the slipped stitch in thinking it would a pretty pattern but nope, I can't really tell. And when the time comes I think I'll do a slipped stitch heel, it just looks much cleaner.


I also took advantage of my spring break and made considerable progress on my Central Park Hoodie. Nearly finished the back!


Through some sort of resurrection miracle I also picked up my black cabled cardigan. With a back and two fronts already completed it was easy to finish the sleeve I had on the needles. I only have one sleeve and piddly little ties to finish!

No comments: